Chick with consistently loose droppings

Dayrel

Songster
Mar 18, 2017
Indiana
Situation: I am a new chicken owner and have three chicks currently in a brooder. One of them (an Australorp- 1 1/2 weeks old) has consistently loose/watery droppings. It appears to be just as active as the others and is feeding and growing fine. She is feathering-in more slowly than her mates (a RIR and Barred Rock), but I'm not sure that is a problem.

Food/Water: I've been supplementing their water with apple cider vinegar and probiotic powder. I'm feeding them non-medicated, organic chick crumbles. In the last three days, I've been offering them some dried meal worms and greens (lemon balm) and this chick appears to be the least interested in them.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this and how I might be able to treat it?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I'm going with straight water now. I can't believe their reaction to egg yolks. They were three cheeping piranhas around that stuff. I'll keep an eye on things and hopefully it will straighten out soon.

They are doing quite well now. Thanks for asking. The loose droppings quickly cleared up after I removed ACV. I've recently switched my three girls from starter crumbles to fermented starter crumbles and they are doing well on it. Everyone seems to be happy, healthy, and growing well. :)

Back
Top Bottom