chick with crooked neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crazychickenhug, Nov 9, 2014.

1. crazychickenhug

crazychickenhug Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    yesterday a friend gave me a beautiful chocolate orpington chick that was born with crooked neck. The little guy is happy healthy can eat and drink well he is 4 days old and is huge for his age. I would really like some advice to straighten his neck I had a cat get hit by a car and it cost me $700.00 in vet bills so taking him in is not and option any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. WildWyandott110

WildWyandott110 Chillin' With My Peeps

well if he is like that then he is probably going to stay like that forever, if and when you have enough money, take him to a vet.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Could you post a picture? He may have wry neck from a vitamin deficiency, head injury, or other causes, but it could be something else entirely. Is the head twisted to the side, upwards, or downwards? Start some poultry vitamins right away that contain Vitamin B1 thiamine and vitamin E. Selenium is also good, and eggs contain it. Some vitamins such as Poultry Nutri-Drench and Poultry Cell contain all 3.

4. crazychickenhug

Apr 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. crazychickenhug

Apr 23, 2014
    I believe it comes from being in the egg he was born this way the friend I got him from takes excellent care of her birds this is the first one like this that she has ever had but she had problems with her incubator. He's such a happy cute little guy That I really want to help him and he is really healthy other than having this defect.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by