chick with crooked neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crazychickenhug, Nov 10, 2014.

1. crazychickenhug

crazychickenhug Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    Hi I recently received from a friend a beautiful chocolate orpington chick from a friend he's 5 days old now. He's a huge healthy happy little guy that eats and drinks well I believe this comes from position in the egg. The friend that gave me this chick has beautiful healthy birds and this chick is a first for her she had issues with her incubator and I think thats what happened. He is heavy and eats and drinks like a horse but his vertebrae is out of line at the base of his neck and also at the top next to his head I would really like to save this little guy please help! [​IMG] Thanks.

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Give the chick extra Vitamins...Vitamin B, E and D3...if you have a local tractor supply...look for "Rooster Booster"...you can give eggs, tums, tuna fish, kelp and so many other foods that may benefit your little one...

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Could you post a picture of him? If it is encephalomalacia, star gazing, or wry neck it may respond to the vitamin regimen of vitamin E and selenium plus thiamine. Sometimes it can be genetic, or due to brain inflammation.

4. crazychickenhug

crazychickenhug Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    ok I'll try to send one not real familiar with computer yet.[​IMG] sorry I can't figure out how to do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by