Chick with green watery poop?

She has always been housed with other chicks and none of them have every had the same problems. I️ had an older hen with these exact symptoms who had stopped laying and had really bad arthritis. She passed away a few weeks ago. In her last few days her legs were so bad that she would walk a few steps and lay down and would lay down to eat. She was very skinny and rarely ate. She was lethargic and wouldn’t go near the other chickens. I️ assumed it was internal laying, but I️ guess not because now I️ have a chick with it.🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ll look in to the autopsy.

If I️ give her Baytril and she doesn’t have a ailment in that regards, will it hurt her? Or is it kind of like antibiotics for good measure?

Is there any chance this is Coccidis? I’m going to the feed store today to get food, so if needed I️ can pick up Corid.

Thanks
It's possible it could be Coccidiosis, treating with Corid won't hurt her.
As for antibiotics, do your research and come to a decision whether they might benefit her or not. Having a purplish colored abdomen is not normal, so something is going on there.

It's possible it could be Coccidiosis, treating with Corid won't hurt her.
As for antibiotics, do your research and come to a decision whether they might benefit her or not. Having a purplish colored abdomen is not normal, so something is going on there.
They were out of Corid, so I️ picked up some probiotics while I️ was there. I️ got some Nutri-Drench and some Chick Boost Probiotics. I’m hoping I️ can get some of the vitamins in to Kevin that she’s not getting through eating. I’m also going to start some Veterinary grade canned food today to coax her to eat. I’m hoping that she will start feeling better and hopefully show signs of improvement. She really likes the sun and sunbathes the entire time she is outside, anytime she is outside. So I’m thinking she has a Vitamin D deficiency of some sort. I️ dunno. I️ just hope I️ can cure her. I️ want her to have the best quality of life she can get.

Thanks

So here’s an update. Kevin’s abdomen has been growing quickly. She has put on a lot of weight but it is all in her swollen abdomen. Her poop is still green and stinky as ever. I’m at a loss and I’m very desperate! Please help me!

So here’s an update. Kevin’s abdomen has been growing quickly. She has put on a lot of weight but it is all in her swollen abdomen. Her poop is still green and stinky as ever. I’m at a loss and I’m very desperate! Please help me!
:hugs I'm very sorry!
It sounds like possibly infection (fluid?) is accumulating.

Did you ever give her any medication like an antibiotic?

:hugs I'm very sorry!
It sounds like possibly infection (fluid?) is accumulating.

Did you ever give her any medication like an antibiotic?
No, my family decided to keep her on antibiotics this last week. I’ll see about getting antibiotics this weekend.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom