Chick with hanging wings?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jenniferlamar70, Jun 14, 2016.

1. jenniferlamar70

jenniferlamar70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    We got some chicks from my pet chicken. They all are very spry and active except 1. It's wings seem to be hanging down towards it's legs for some reason. It's also less active. It's eating and drinking but then just wants to lay around and seems unbalanced. This is our first time with shipped chicks. Any help would be much appreciated..

2. jenniferlamar70

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

3. 1nikki

1nikki New Egg

Sep 10, 2016
    Hello. We have a chick with exactly the same problem. How did your's go? Did you get any feedback as to what it is and could you do anything? Our's is one day old. Thanks for your help.

4. jenniferlamar70

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    Hi and yes we gave our chick save a chick electrolytes and vitamins in its water and by that evening it was back to normal. Ours were from a hatchery so I think the stress was taking its toll. The vitamins gave it the boost it needed to get back on its feet. It now is currently happy and healthy. You can also use nutridrench. Both can be purchased at your local tractor supply or feed store. The save a chick is more affordable though. Good luck. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by