Chick With Spraddle Leg

The Chickens' Maid

Crowing
14 Years
May 2, 2009
CT
I have to put a splint on one of our new chicks because of spraddle leg. I'm a little concerned, however, because I tried putting a splint on her before, and she couldn't really walk. She had trouble getting out of momma hen's way, and she actually got stuck in her feathers (she was fine). I used sport-wrap, which seemed to work, except that I think I put it on wrong. I don't want her to be stepped on, or anything; she's the youngest and smallest. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I wish I could help you but I am in the same place as you. One of my chicks is also having trouble with her legs. I don't know where to correctly put the bandaid or whatever you are using. Not only that but when I did try the cut to fit bandaid the little chickie just starting flopping all around then just fell over. What can I do have you any thoughts? I don'y know if I should just let her do this and watch to be sure she stops or what, do something else, What??? The pipe cleaners look like they would work well but don't have any right now.
idunno.gif

Thanks!

It's hard for them at first but after a few days it'll be moving around... and then you'll take the bandaid off and he'll do great.

I used a pipecleaner on one of our chicks 2 days ago, and he is fine now
smile.png
But we have another one like it, and he is all fluffy and when we put a pipecleaner on he just flops over - I'm not sure if they poke out at the bottom and he is so small it off balances him! I want to try band aid as that is flatter but I don't want it to stick to him
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom