Chick with twisted Leg, Photo attached...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MissDeb, May 19, 2010.

1. MissDeb

MissDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    I have a day old Blue marans that has a twisted leg with no damage apparent. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to treat this? Is it even correctable?

[​IMG]

2. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    looks like a fracture? and i re healed in the wrong direction. i had a duck like that too. you are gonna have to snap it back into place and set it. wrap it up and see if it gets any better. i took my duckling to the vet and it needed surgery for the problem.

3. MissDeb

MissDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Mat-su Alaska
    I guess Im trying to figure out how he got that way in the time from hatching to now, he hatched out lastnight....so he's not quite 24 hours old unless it happened in the shell?

4. olliecatch

olliecatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    Olympia, Washington
    One of our little bantams hatched with one leg kind of twisted and the feet all curled up. Could hardly walk. We let it go and now the leg and the feet are almost perfect. Glad we didnt cull it. Hatched last Saturday. Its a sweet little thing. Gets around good and doesnt let the bigger chicks bully it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by