Chick with ???

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
Had a broody break her egg. Not much, but enough to take it and put it in the incubator. My broody crushed it on day 18 or 19, and it was peeping end of day 19. I thought it needed help so I tried to help and there was a bit of bleeding. I let her be. Then in the morning she was trying to hatch but she couldn’t because too much of her she’ll was gone so I helped her the rest of the way. She definitely wanted out. I’ve assisted hatch enough, so it’s not hard for me and 70% survive. She came out with very good lungs! She’s been so energetic and wants out of the incubator, but unfortunately, there is something protruding where her yolk sac would be. If I need to get a better pic, I will try. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to help?
2C633DE5-9A7A-44C8-A2A1-36BECD98231B.jpeg

I don’t want to cull her. She is so energetic. @DobieLover

There's not much you can do. I would spray it with some vetericyn and leave it be.
I don't know if the other chicks would peck at the area, but you can give it a chance to live.

Had a broody break her egg. Not much, but enough to take it and put it in the incubator. My broody crushed it on day 18 or 19, and it was peeping end of day 19. I thought it needed help so I tried to help and there was a bit of bleeding. I let her be. Then in the morning she was trying to hatch but she couldn’t because too much of her she’ll was gone so I helped her the rest of the way. She definitely wanted out. I’ve assisted hatch enough, so it’s not hard for me and 70% survive. She came out with very good lungs! She’s been so energetic and wants out of the incubator, but unfortunately, there is something protruding where her yolk sac would be. If I need to get a better pic, I will try. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to help?View attachment 2795774

I don’t want to cull her. She is so energetic. @DobieLover
Can you get a better in focus picture? It's abit blurry.

Back
Top Bottom