Chick wobbley

Vinniemac

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 9, 2011
Western Pennsylvania

I got 3 chicks yesterday all Wyandotte 1 SLW & 1 GLW 1 Columbian I ordered 2 Columbians but 1 died in transit My question is the SLW & GLW are doing fine but The CLW is smaller and very wobbly on her feet she is eating a drinking on her own,But seems to stay on her own. I'm including a pictureThats not very good but it wiil give you some idea
Vinnie

I got 3 chicks yesterday all Wyandotte 1 SLW & 1 GLW 1 Columbian I ordered 2 Columbians but 1 died in transit My question is the SLW & GLW are doing fine but The CLW is smaller and very wobbly on her feet she is eating a drinking on her own,But seems to stay on her own. I'm including a pictureThats not very good but it wiil give you some idea
Vinnie

sometimes you get runts in the pack

and hatcheries tend to off load runts first

that's prob why one died in transit

as long as its easting and drinking it will survive

give it some electrolytes to help it even more further along

it could always just be the transit shook it up a little and it needs time to recover from that which elctros will help with

Just make sure she is eating and drinking and that it is warm enough. Mabey add some electrolites to the water. Other than that not much to do.

Lost the other Columbian Wyandotte last night. Trying to find more chicks before the others get older Hard to find any female chicks now.I just want to get 3 more.Not even particular what kind.
Vinnie

Is it me or have others noticed the wyndottes this yr. have had a hard time making it? My br bought some and lost half of them they were hatchery.. I ordered from a breeder and more than half died. others are seeming to have problems too.

Back
Top Bottom