Chick won't open eyes

PCJ

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
So I posted earlier about my special needs chick that was struggling to stand, the advice was great and chick doing well improving, now able to stand and although wobbly it's balance is improving. However it doesn't move about much with any purpose and one eye is always closed, with the other rarely opening so it just stands around with its eyes closed. Will open the one when I am feeding it (still not self feeding). Any ideas or advice?

i’m in the same boat as far as the eyes & not eating without my help. my little guy kept falling & someone mentioned wry neck?

Hanging in there, I have been trying to get food and water into it but I am not sure it is taking much, but it is getting stronger and can be fairly bright. I have yet to see it eat or drink then so either it is feeding and I am not seeing it or I am getting more into it than I thought!

Not sure not seen it poop for a while and it is now in with the other chicks, it seems happier with them despite them being twice the size!

I will look into that, it is doing pretty well otherwise, just wish I can get more food into it, but since it was hatched on Tuesday it is doing well!

mine got pushed or rolled out of the nesting box fell about 4 ft & hatched prematurely. i’ve had trouble feeding too. i’m using a syringe trying to get as much in him as i can. what are you using? anybody know an easier way?

Back
Top Bottom