Chick won't stop peeping :(

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ilovechickens34, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ilovechickens34

ilovechickens34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2016
    We have a lot of new chicks, and one won't stop peeping. It doesn't seem to be eating or drinking, either. It does walk around, but it isn't as active as the other chicks. The headlamp is plenty warm for it, and it has lots of food and water.
    Does anyone know what could be wrong. Thanks! I feel so bad for the poor chick.

2. Chicken-Eye

Chicken-Eye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Chickendom
    My Coop
    Aww poor fella. Maybe it's best to separate him from the rest and see if his peeping is less. If not, put him back in. Also, does he seem smaller than the others? Did he hatch the latest? Does he get picked on by the older chicks? Feel his limbs for any swelling. You should also post in the Emergencies/Diseases section. I'm no vet, and that's all my advice.

Oh, and I forgot to say :welcome xD

Best of luck,
    Chicken-Eye

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Possibly posting your question on the "Raising baby chicks" forum may be helpful. Sorry, i let momma hen do my hatching so i have no experience of raising chicks.

All the best
    CT

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I believe I answered your other post before.. If you pick up the chick does it stop peeping? If may be too hot or too cold, or doesn't know how to drink or eat yet. Mama bird would peck at the feeder to show it where food was and the same with water. Sometimes you have to dip their beak gently in the shallow water so they know what it is.

6. ilovechickens34

Apr 15, 2016
    Thanks everyone! The chick is doing much better. I dipped it's beak in the water, and have been showing it the food. It doesn't peep as much as it used to, and it's becoming more active. I'm positive that it'll be okay. :)

7. chickgirl99

chickgirl99 New Egg

May 17, 2016
    Hi I have a baby austrlorp chick and she won't stop cheeping at night and I get no sleep [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. ilovechickens34

Apr 15, 2016
    Aww, this chick was different, though. She peeped non-stop and wouldn't eat or drink. The poor thing didn't make it, sadly :(

9. chickgirl99

chickgirl99 New Egg

May 17, 2016
    Awwwww omg I'm so sorry [​IMG][​IMG]

10. chickgirl99

chickgirl99 New Egg

May 17, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG] so sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by