Chick won't walk or stand

Gracellyn23

Chirping
Mar 8, 2022
Please help! I have a one week old chick that won't walk or stand. It's very tired and has no energy. It will interact and sit up but won't stand all the way or take any steps. It's been doing fine until just a few hours ago. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

It's drinking and pecks at the food but isn't very interested and I haven't seen it actually eat anything.

Please help! I have a one week old chick that won't walk or stand. It's very tired and has no energy. It will interact and sit up but won't stand all the way or take any steps. It's been doing fine until just a few hours ago. Does anyone know what might be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Here is an update:
The chick is eating and drinking. It has positioned itself by the light and doesn't seem to have plans of moving. It still has no energy and is just sleeping. It kind of half stands/sits but I haven't seen it walking around.

Does it have any signs of a leg deformity, slipped tendon, or splayed legs? If the chick is too weak to stand, give it sugar water or Poultry Cell and get it eating some mushy wet feed and egg yolk. If you can get the chick standing, post any pictures of the legs while standing.

Does it have any signs of a leg deformity, slipped tendon, or splayed legs? If the chick is too weak to stand, give it sugar water or Poultry Cell and get it eating some mushy wet feed and egg yolk. If you can get the chick standing, post any pictures of the legs while standing.
Sadly the chick has passed. It was showing no signs of deformity or splayed legs. I think it was just sick and weak. :hit

Back
Top Bottom