Chickarific introduction.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickarific, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Chickarific

Chickarific New Egg

Jul 7, 2016
    New to chickens, just got seven, three Silkies, three Bantam Cochins and one a cross of the two breeds. I found out about Backyard Chickens.com on line searching for chicken info. I am a recent seminary graduate and full time student seeking my second Masters degree in human services. I love competitive shooting, primitive camping, and my family most of all. I have raised goats 25 at a time several times. a few cows, a few pigs and a few rabbits. Hoping to learn here and possibly make a few friends.
    Thank you Chickarific

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your new chickens :clap Have you started out with chicks or older birds? The learning Center is a great place to check out for lots of super articles that are very helpful, please do pop BYC ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck for the future and be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock! I think you may also enjoy our sister forum, BackYardHerds.com, which is geared towards farm animals and other livestock, such as goats etc.

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

6. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :frow Hi Chickarific. Welcome to BYC!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. One of the best ways to meet your BYC neighbors is to join your state thread. Just put state name in the search box and it will come up. You may even find chickeners living in your area.

1 person likes this.
  9. Chickarific

Chickarific New Egg

Jul 7, 2016
    Thank you all for the kind and informative replies to my introduction. I should have mentioned that I am 48 years old today and live in NC with my wife of 27 years. We are the parents of three grown children and just found out we are going to be first time grandparents in seven months. Just noticed my name sounds feminine. I am a man and was thinking chickens are terrific! Hence “Chickarific” LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by