chicken acting dead in snow LOL HAHAHAH

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gottalovemychickens, Oct 9, 2009.

1. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

well we got our first good snow yesterday and when i let the chickens out in the run , one of the chickens flipped and laid on its back acting dead , got up ran in circles then did it again then started to eat the snow then tried to fly like a birdy LOL hahahah is this normal , playing ? stressed ? excited ?

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Probably just excited. Has she been in snow before?

3. gottalovemychickens

no never been in snow , last time it snowed her she was only 5 weeks old LOL now about 7 months old . There was about 3-4 inches on the ground

4. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    [​IMG] could you please post pictures of that? hilarious!!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  5. ChickenCat

ChickenCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    craig county, VA
    BA! That explains it, they love to play games. [​IMG]

6. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] Brain freeze.

[​IMG] Sorry, kidding, I hope she's ok. But seriously, if she was eating the snow...think about what we do when we get a brain freeze...well, what I do...just about black out...make spastic movements...etc.... [​IMG]

7. gottalovemychickens

i will try and get pictures this next snow we are going to have the nesxt 2 days and post . I was crying , i was laughing so hard , my tears started to freeze because the windchill was 19* but they were having fun hehe

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

She was making a snow angel you sillies!!!!! [​IMG] I bet that would be hilarious!

9. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    [​IMG]
    i would be rolling on the ground laughing too.... (quickly of course with the wind chill that low)
    I hope you can get some pics!

10. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

None of my birds ever liked the snow but last year, my banty roo stepped on some more solid area of snow and fell in about 2 feet deep. [​IMG] He never made that mistake again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by