Chicken acting wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Indiana
She just stands there with her feathers fluffed out and her wings partially opened. I dont know what that means! She's been doin it for like two days. Advice anyone?

try and get her to a cool place and try and get some poultry electrolytes ASAP..
in a pinch, you can use diluted Pediolyte..(unflavored if possible)

I came here to find out why my Delilah is doing exactly what the original posted has explained. Ok to explain more my main hen, The General, has always been top hen and she's my little broody. My favorite Austrolorp, Delilah, has suddenly out of nowhere become the one to sit on the nest. She's never sat on the nest like this. Now when I make her get off the nest she makes a sound like a quiet turkey, poofs out her feathers, and does what I call the Turkey Dance.

Is she trying to be top hen all of a sudden? Is she trying to attract the attention to what is now painfully obvious a new rooster and not a new hen. Recently one of my new chickens is now crowing and painfully obviously a cockerel. Delilah has never shown any interest in being top hen or a broody hen. What gives?

This is a two year old thread by an inactive member. You need to post your own thread in the proper section, Siler.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom