Chicken Addiction has gone Viral!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moabite, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    It is getting bad, seems everyone around here is getting chickens. At least two new coops went up this spring on my street alone. So glad I was there to help and offer some great insights I learned here at BYC. Thanks to all of you.

2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey thats great you started a trend on your street!

3. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Yeah I wanted a small water feature....DH had a 5000 gal ( yes 5000) pond but the contractor didn't figure in the lack of drainage in my garden. So gone with the fish, and I started thinking about chickens.......can you guess what he did? NOT 5000 chickens but close:p.

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I didn't start the trend of keeping chickens on my road, but I did apparently start the trend of having a proper coop! ALL my chicken owning neighbors stopped last summer during construction to ask *WHY* I was building a coop for my chickens. Trying to find a polite way of saying "Because I don't have a bunch of dead cars in my yard for them to sleep in like you all do" isn't easy. [​IMG]

5. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Quote:I didn't start the trend of keeping chickens on my road, but I did apparently start the trend of having a proper coop! ALL my chicken owning neighbors stopped last summer during construction to ask *WHY* I was building a coop for my chickens. Trying to find a polite way of saying "Because I don't have a bunch of dead cars in my yard for them to sleep in like you all do" isn't easy. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Yup the addiction grows soon no onw will want my eggs I will have to eats them all myself! OH DARN [​IMG]

8. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    Lucky people!!! I can hardly find anyone in my area with chickens [​IMG] I look everywhere we drive to and try to find chickens but to no avail [​IMG] If I had more chicken friends maybe I wouldn't be thought of as the crazy chicken lady [​IMG]

9. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah

Cold beer sprayed through the nostrils works nearly as good as Windex for cleaning 'puter screens. [​IMG]
    "Yeah, I got a chicken coupe alright, and a sedan too. But them-thar convertibles leak."

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Now, THAT'S funny, ain't nobody can say it aren't!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by