Chicken addiction!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by nlsf, Mar 7, 2017.

1. nlsf

nlsf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm addicted to chickens. I dream about them, try and figure out ways to bring new chicks home without my husband finding out, I am always adding to their coop and run to make it more fun for them and have no strength saying no when I hear baby tweets in the feed store. It's been four days since I brought home my last two chicks. I get paid Friday which means more... chicks. Now if I could only find a way to get my husband addictes as well... [​IMG]

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Put a cooler full of beer or his favorite beverage next to the brooder.They will start to grow on him.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. ChxLadyCass

ChxLadyCass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    La Junta, CO
    I feel your pain!! My boyfriend bought hens, roosters, chicks and built a coop by hand for his 6 year old daughter for Christmas 2015. We started dating a year ago long distance and now that I live 10 minutes from him, I practically live at his house raising and spoiling the girls! i bought 5 young hens at an auction a couple weekends ago and just ordered 4 more chicks. Do you have pictures of your add ons? My coop is too small as soon as the new chicks get older and my boyfriend is the carpenter but has NO desire to "waste" time on the chickens. He straight up told his best friend after I spent a day messing with them and their coop, "I just don't get why she likes those chickens so much". I am so blessed his little girl at least shares in some of the joy with me!
    Hang in there!!

4. ChickenMama6RIR

ChickenMama6RIR Overrun With Chickens

I am also addicted if only I could make my parents as addicted as myself :lau I bought 6 chicks that were about 4-6 weeks, one of them died, about a week later I went and bought an almost laying silkie, then about 1 1/2 weeks ago I couldn't control myself any longer........ So I went to tractor supply and bought 6 more chicks. I still want more, but I think my parents have hit the limit... Buuuuuttttt I have an almost laying silkie and a rooster that is starting to "get his groove on if you know what I mean" so I am looking forward to some more chicks, but without having to pay for them :lau

5. ChxLadyCass

ChxLadyCass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2017
    La Junta, CO
    Best of luck! It's hard to stop!! There are so many ways to get them and each one is so great! And providing for them and watching them grow is so much fun! I don't know what I would do if I had to limit because of laws!

6. ChickenMama6RIR

ChickenMama6RIR Overrun With Chickens

Oh my goodness! Ikr!!! I am so happy where I live doesn't prohibit roosters either! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by