Chicken Aerobics!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LilMissChz, Apr 16, 2012.

1. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    I can't be the only one who does this!! My chicken tractor is without a roof... set to finish this week. In the meantime, it's more of a playpen for my 4 week old chicks. The coop is minus the chicken ladder.... also set to finish this week. So, in the mean time, I take my 6 chicks for a walk every morning and every night to their playpen from their coop.

However, due to the incompletedness of our projects and the fact that flying is a new favorite past time... the chicken playpen is merely decorative. Perfect perches for my fine feathered friends to hang out on whenever they feel like it. This usually poses no problems... that is until it's time to go to the coop at dusk. Then it becomes a game of "chase the chicken". I'm not very good at this game. They are far superior.[​IMG]

Hence, chicken aerobics. Sometimes I get so pooped. Did I mention there were only six? Thank GOD I don't have 20!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Hey, it's good exercise. :lol:
    Fun times, of crawling through bushes trying to grab a chick because it was time for bed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by