Chicken and ducks

rainlips

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 29, 2013
Northern michigan
I have one duck in with my chickens, I also have a gravity waterer in the coop just so it doesn't freeze and the chicken barely leave the coop when it's so cold ... Well the duck is making a mess in the coop... So should I just move their water in the run and deal with frozen water or does anyone have any ideas?

Ducks are very messy! I think it's whatever you want pick the lesser of two evils I would probably leave it in and add a bit more bedding to keep it dry. We had our ducks and geese in the coop and it was bad haha

That's what I've been doing... Bedding gets added every day! Lol
They are very messy but her eggs are very tasty!
1f600.png

I didn't know is someone has came up with some crazy invention lol

I will try get a good on sat. basically I took an old hog panel cut as wide as inside of pool and bent to just fit over heater so ducks could not touch with there feet. They only get to use half the pool but no mess inside and they still get to play in water.

I have two Rouens in with my flock. No water in the coop itself. Waterer, black rubber tub and kiddie pool are all out in the run. Water gets thawed twice a day with warm/hot water carried out. Ducks get to swim/play then.

You might be able to get those waterers with the nipple they drink out of but I don't know if they can drink from them or just chickens. Hanging it up may also help!

Back
Top Bottom