Chicken and Mother-In-Law Vent!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bantam90210, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Bantam90210

Bantam90210 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Smithsburg/Waynesboro
    So this morning I lost my little "Lavender" silkie chick because my Mother-In-Law desided to but her [​IMG] nose in and unplugged my heat lamp on a ONE DAY OLD!!! She said its hot in the house an they were going to "roast" an that they could bundle together an get warmth... THERES ONLY 2 FRICKEN CHICKS!! HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO GET THAT MUCH HEAT FROM EACHOTHER!? So tonight it seems like she's trying to kill my other silkie chick by AGAIN unplugging the heat lamp! she said "well the top is covered and its warm outside to she'll be fine"... lets see, she's in with two tiny button quail after losing her younger friend this morning because of YOU, and she's sitting in the brooder on the deck SCREAMING her head off trying to lay under the button quail because she's COLD! and you wont let her come in because she's too noisey... well she's not noisey when she's WARM!! I have her sitting in our bedroom right now with the heat lamp on her an she is as quiet as a mouse!!! funny how that works!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

It must be exhausting for your MIL, knowing everything. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    There is only one way to deal with a bad mother-in-law......move out. [​IMG] Tell hubby you are going with or without him. Honestly, if she is that bad, she will kill your marriage anyway. I assume she meddles in more than just your chicken business.

I have 14 years of personal experience in this matter. [​IMG]

Edited for spelling. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    And i'd warn her ONE time to not touch them ever again..
    First time i'd try to be nice... after that,...shes just being disrespectful to you... so the gloves come off.

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Echoing Taz here if you do live with her. If not, time to set some serious boundaries.

[​IMG] Sorry about the frustration and the dead chick you have now. I'm guessing this isn't a one time thing!

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:X3...

8. Bantam90210

Jun 5, 2011
    Smithsburg/Waynesboro
    Quote:You couldnt be more right!! We fight so fricken much its not even funny! its gotten to the point where I've given my rings back to him once an he's thrown his in a corn field before.. so now he's wearing my dad's wedding ring!! Everytime we go to move out they treaten us with something! either taking our kids away from us or telling the place we're going to move into something bad about us (<- that was the first thing an then when we kept going they threatened the kids).. My parents even offered to let us move in with them but then came the kids again! When me an Hubby first got together, they didnt like him and my dad tried to beat the crap out of him once when he was drunk so they they said they'd bring that up in court!

9. Bantam90210

Jun 5, 2011
    Smithsburg/Waynesboro
    Quote:Nope I've lost almost a whole batch before because she unplugged them! She thinks my Bantams are like her Red Sex-links, no where close!!

10. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:You couldnt be more right!! We fight so fricken much its not even funny! its gotten to the point where I've given my rings back to him once an he's thrown his in a corn field before.. so now he's wearing my dad's wedding ring!! Everytime we go to move out they treaten us with something! either taking our kids away from us or telling the place we're going to move into something bad about us (<- that was the first thing an then when we kept going they threatened the kids).. My parents even offered to let us move in with them but then came the kids again! When me an Hubby first got together, they didnt like him and my dad tried to beat the crap out of him once when he was drunk so they they said they'd bring that up in court!

Unless you are placing you children in danger, let them threaten all they want. Courts do not take kids away from parents unless there is a very good reason. I'm sure the judge (if it even made it to one) has dealt with ticked off in-laws before. Do not let others control you with fear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by