Chicken Antics at Eggtopia...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Well it started off with my DD taking the little Roo in her arms and walking into the run with him. I have one big coop with one section seperated that houses 21 little 15 week olds. The other section is for my now 10 (with the the loss of Lilly yesterday) girls age 34 weeks and 21 week old. So the little roo named Deville, is usually in his section with his girls. So out they go into the run with the biggie girls.

Well biggie girls are testy today as they are settling the new pecking order as Lilly was hen honcho of that group and now she is gone. One of the biggie girls, Maggie my only NHR sees little roo in child's arms and decides to commence tail feather whooping. Deville jumps down, kids jumps back and the chase is on.

Deville is running under the coop with 4 biggie girls on his tail, Cheyenne is yelling for the biggie girls to stop it and I am laughing hysterically like a loon. I call the biggie girls and they come out into the run, Cheyenne crawls under the coop to get Deville. he was having NONE of it.

[​IMG]

He ran to the other side so she crawls that way...finally corners him and catches poor scared little roo

[​IMG]

we get Deville back inside with his girls safely behind the wire and Maggie walks into the coop. Deville decides to show her that he is THE MAN even though she had just put a whooping on him. afterall he was safely behind is wire wall. lol

[​IMG]

Cheyenne decides the excitement and crawling under the coop in the rain was not cool so she decides to grab my little splash cochin and give her some loving...Luna did not like it and she gave her the "fluff off". Luna when she is displeased fluffs all up and looks like a blowfish with feathers.

[​IMG]

Finally Luna decided that the human child was not so bad and she calmed down a bit for some attention. She was much happier however when the child handed her off to me.

[​IMG]

Luna believes the human child is okay as long as she has a sandwich at the time but any other time...it is go away child. LOL

while we are still sad by losing Lilly yesterday, we can find fun and humor with the rest of the flock. I thought i would share some chicken antics with you.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Cetawin, those are happy pictures. You and your family are going to be okay, but Lilly will always be in your hearts.

Love the "blowfish with feathers" line!

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Yeah we are Buff. [​IMG] Don't she look like one of those fat puffer type fish? hahahahaha

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hehehe, I have one or two girls who do the pufferfish act, LOL. Cute story! Glad you are able to laugh today. [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    isn't that funny...it reminds me of those puffer fish and blowfish. LOL She has never done it to me just others. hahahahaha

6. Ivagrovegirl

Ivagrovegirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2007
    Our brahma bantams do that sometimes. LOL
    Emily:)

7. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW, she does look like a blowfish with feathers!!! My gosh shes fluffed up!!

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] The "fluff off"! Cute! I have a rooster that does the fluff off, too. He's all fluff and no action!
    She is a beautiful hen!

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    she is the only one that does that and it cracks me up. She lets DD know she does not want her attention ... They are all a mess!

10. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    [​IMG] Luna is so cute...She looks like a feather ball!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by