Chicken ate my earrings. Need advice.

Pics

LinnyChx

Chirping
May 26, 2017
Texas
I'm a new chicken person so I wasn't fully aware of how dumb I was to continue wearing my diamond studs daily while handling chickens.

I was cuddling with my 9 week BR and feeding it treats when it just snatched my earring right out of my ear and while I was freaking out about that it got the other one too.

My husband thinks it's a roo and wants to kill it immediately! :eek:
He's been tolerant of my chickens up to this point but he's really mad now y'all.

I have it in a seperate area away from the other chickens with plenty of food, treats and water and am hoping that the earrings will pass quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take? What kind of complications or symptoms should I watch for? How do I calm my husband down?

:pop
O boy...this is a first for me!
I'd have to kill it to get my diamonds back for sure.

I'll be watching to see what others have to say.
And I wish you the best of luck....I'd keep that "boy" locked up in my house watching his poop till see them.

I'm a new chicken person so I wasn't fully aware of how dumb I was to continue wearing my diamond studs daily while handling chickens.

I was cuddling with my 9 week BR and feeding it treats when it just snatched my earring right out of my ear and while I was freaking out about that it got the other one too.

My husband thinks it's a roo and wants to kill it immediately! :eek:
He's been tolerant of my chickens up to this point but he's really mad now y'all.

I have it in a seperate area away from the other chickens with plenty of food, treats and water and am hoping that the earrings will pass quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How long does it take? What kind of complications or symptoms should I watch for? How do I calm my husband down?

Oh my! Believe it or not this is actually very common and is why it's recommended that you never wear jewelry around animals especially chickens. Hopefully they pass quickly and safely!

Oh my! Believe it or not this is actually very common and is why it's recommended that you never wear jewelry around animals especially chickens. Hopefully they pass quickly and safely!

Thanks Lam, I found out the hard way! I have to wear a medical ID bracelet but I don't think they can get that off me. Everything else is going in the jewelry box.

Back
Top Bottom