Chicken attached by others

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by corinetran, Oct 31, 2016.

1. corinetran

corinetran Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2016
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

I am so sad. Some how two of my youngsters got into the run with the bigger chickens. I have them all in the same run, its about 4x28 and I have a section of about 8x4 dedicated to my younger hens since they are only about 13 weeks old and smaller. They are separated by a gate. They can see each other through the fence and I thought couldn't get to each other.

I think two my babies flew up and some how over into the other pen. I don't have a top on the run, its built around trees that act as a cover. One has its head pecked and the other is missing so many feathers on its back and tail.

I have put one of the girls back in because she seemed to be doing fine and you cant really see her wound. My other girl (fluffy) I put back in but she is inside another cage, that way she isn't separated from everyone. They can't get to her but she is still there. Do you think that is OK to do? The younger ones are separate from the bigger girls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. corinetran

Oct 12, 2016
    Louisiana
    Hi there and thank you for your response! I have something blocking her view of the larger chickens who are the ones that attacked her. She got into their run and I found her inside their run all beat up. The other smaller girls next to her are her age. I was worried they might peck her wound so I separated her from them. Do you think I should still bring her in away from those girls? When I just went outside to check on them they were laying next to each other just separated by the cage bars.

4. corinetran

Oct 12, 2016
    Louisiana
    Oh and I did order bluekote and it should be in tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by