CHICKEN ATTACK

dearnley

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 26, 2013
my 4 month old rode island red was attack by my dog
missing alot of feathers around neck no sign of injury there let me hold her long while when i put her down on porch her other girls came to check on her she layed there.. finally she did get up i notice her left leg slightly swollen ?
i pu the chickens all back in there run again she just laid there
im afraid she is gonna get hurt with the others . i brught her inside to the sick bay gave her 44 mg of aspirin she is lying on a pillow ? what else to do

Thoroughly clean all wounds with betadine (organic iodine).
Then fill wounds with a triple antibiotic ointment.
both items are available at any drugstore.

who long do you think these recovery should take and keep her aspirin who often how long ??????????????????

Same happened to me with a neighbor's dog. I isolated the injured hens, treated the wounds with turmeric, fed scrambled eggs, spinach, and yogurt. I also added Arnica (homeopathic) to the water. Got the turmeric tip on here. Was amazing how they healed!! Best of luck.

tumeric they always get eggs how much tumeric to the wounds still dont see any ? better look more! thanks

I sprinkled the turmeric on the wounds generously at least twice a day. I had initially tried the antibiotic cream but it was a mess and they just pecked at it.

unable to get arnic locally had to order i hate to wait she has eaten and drink from syringe only will see in am?

my 4 month old rode island red was attack by my dog
missing alot of feathers around neck no sign of injury there let me hold her long while when i put her down on porch her other girls came to check on her she layed there.. finally she did get up i notice her left leg slightly swollen ?
i pu the chickens all back in there run again she just laid there
im afraid she is gonna get hurt with the others . i brught her inside to the sick bay gave her 44 mg of aspirin she is lying on a pillow ? what else to do
For her sore leg give her an epsom salt soak,great for swelling/sprains/sore muscles,soak for 15-20 minutes. Did you give her some electrolytes for shock? Keep her separated until she starts to improve,this may take her awhile as chickens do not handle stress at all. Make sure she is eating and drinking. Aspirin is great for pain/swelling,may make her drowsy.

Back
Top Bottom