Chicken attacked by dogs. Advice

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by srpaint, Feb 28, 2012.

1. srpaint

srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    I have a silkie that was attacked by dogs. She is tore up pretty bad. They tore 1 of her wings off. Her whole breast and neck on that side is tore open. She is still fighting though. Walking and trying to flap her other wing. I cleaned her up the best I could. And put blue kote on it for now. Since it was done by dogs I am really worried about it getting infected. I am thinking about going to town and getting pen g or Duramycin which ever they have. And some Veterycin. What should I do? What would you do?

Right now she is in a tub under my kitchen table with the towel over it so it is dark. She is still fighting. Walking around. Flapping her other wing. If she goes down I will end it for her. But at this point she may still have a good chance so I want to help her as much as I can.

2. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    What a terrible experience for her and for you - I would keep her warm and in a dark place - you can try some sugar in her water - she must be very shocked as you are too - you are doing all that anyone can at this stage....

I wish both of you luck!

Suzie
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by