Chicken attacked- possible neck injury- HELP!

czakutney7

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2022
My chicken, Penelope, got attacked by a hawk 11/9. It’s been almost 1 month, and she has made progress, but not major progress.
The area around her crop and wing were stitched by a vet, she got antibiotics, and has been healing.

Unfortunately she isn’t walking, and her balance isn’t great, but she has gotten better.

Recently I’m starting to think she has a neck injury, because right above her crop it feels boney and is able to be shifted when I hold her to straighten her.

She’s eating, happy, purring, carrying on, but won’t stand unassisted, won’t walk, and keeps her head sucked into her body and to her left.

Wondering what I can do to help, or if I should seek a vet. I don’t want her injury to get worse or become permanent!

It’s not the best picture, but you can see her neck/head seems shifted to the right- her left- and she doesn’t really stretch it out but she can peck at her food and drink water. She has mobility and can look around as well

Attachments

• ECAF58A9-C90B-491B-96A7-ECA0EF78D4BA.jpeg
    ECAF58A9-C90B-491B-96A7-ECA0EF78D4BA.jpeg
    504.8 KB · Views: 4
It’s not the best picture, but you can see her neck/head seems shifted to the right- her left- and she doesn’t really stretch it out but she can peck at her food and drink water. She has mobility and can look around as well
I would treat for wry neck. Give her 400IU vitamin E daily and eggs for selenium.

Back
Top Bottom