1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Auction - Central Alabama

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Mikeeeeeeeeee, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    That is very interesting, I wish it were closer or there was something like that farther north. There very well may be but these thing are not very well advertised. Thanks for the info.

3. dcphotos

dcphotos Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2009
    That's cool, nice photos also. I want to get more chickens when I get some more know-how and all, but don't know that I want them at auction. I am plenty fine with my $3 chickens from Santuck, they are pretty cool.

But I would love to attend and photograph the chicken auction!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Do they have ducks? i followed the link but my comp is being slow.

dcphotos - Im at santuck every month . Im actually going to start setting up with the chicken guy possibly [​IMG] I sell ducklings

5. dcphotos

Aug 5, 2009
    My wife and I love to go to Santuck, it's always a bunch of fun if for nothing else just people watching and looking at junk. I've always got a kick of seeing the chickens and have been saying I was going to get some since we moved out into the country.

Question: Do I need to vaccinate these things? I saw where one of the places that ships chickens sends them vaccinated against diseases and stuff.

PS: It said in the story on that link they sell a lot of different things, the lady went with a guy looking to buy ducks but didn't get any on that particular night.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I always wanted one of the guys Pot bellied piglets. They are so CUTE

7. dcphotos

Aug 5, 2009
    They ain't so cute when they grow up though. A lot of people get them then decide they don't want them when they are adults.

8. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Not me. Ive wanted a pig for a while now. Im not big on baby animals as much as I am on adults. Unless its ducks [​IMG] Pigs only get as big as you feed them. If you lower the feed once they are adults they wont grow as much. At lest thats what ive read/heard

9. dcphotos

Aug 5, 2009
    I want goats, but my wife is against the idea. Probably would be an issue with our Great Dane who rules the property anyhow.

10. lambertstamps

lambertstamps New Egg

Oct 19, 2009
    I just heard about this place. Is it every Friday night? I would love to go this Friday, Oct. 23. What time does it start?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by