Chicken bath in tub Qs

brooster

Songster
12 Years
Jun 14, 2007
northwest Ohio
I want to bring in my dear light brahma ethel and give her a nice bath. What do you think? I know people bring in thier chicken in and give them a bath, but it is 40 in the coop and like 68 in here. Is it ok? also will a chicken poop while you are holding it? How do you guys do it, give me your run down and tips. Thanks!
smile.png

I usually start bathing mine in the am. First I give the chicken a thorough going over looking for any problem spoots or those that I may need to give more attention too. Get everything set up first! Shampoo , vinegar, pre heat the bath water so you aren't left standing there waiting for it to heat up. Then bathe, rinse, wrap in towel for a few minutes, blow dry. Its not complicated. If you can bathe a dog you can bathe a bird. I do give my birds a private dust bath box and allow them several hours in said box to be 100% they are totally dry. Once they get used to it they'll be doing the back stroke!! Just kidding but floating around is one of "Kidrock"'s Favorite past times.

KidRockBath207.jpg

Last edited:
I have to ask why she needs a bath? Is she messy? If she is just normal chickeny with sandbathing and what not why risk her getting chilled and sick in winter weather? 68 is cold when your feathers are wet. It takes a long time for them to dry out and the oils to distribute in their fluff again.

Back
Top Bottom