In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2016
USA NC
Alright.

I've used:
Straw
Hay
Pine shavings

Now I've seen and heard great things about hemp bedding.

I plan to try it, but I'd like to hear what other people have experienced with it.

Hemp is not readily available in the States, but a lot of folks use it where it is readily available.
I think it's most comparable to hay, I've never laid hands on it tho.

Agrees its hard to beat pine shavings for floor bedding and I like straw for nest bedding.
I'll toss a flake of hay out in the run as a winter boredom buster/nutrition enhancer.

advanced search>titles only> hemp

In the US it's pretty easy to get it. American hemp llc has it and places like petsmart have the small animal hemp bedding.
And new country organics has it as well.

From what I've been looking at and reading it lasts longer than shavings, and is great for deep littler bedding.

In the US it's pretty easy to get it. American hemp llc has it and places like petsmart have the small animal hemp bedding.
And new country organics has it as well.

From what I've been looking at and reading it lasts longer than shavings, and is great for deep littler bedding.
Oh, well, I didn't know that...probably out of my budget and am not an 'organics' marketing consumer.
I only need to change out my floor shavings once a year, but use a poop board. One bale each of straw and hay lasts me about a year.
Check the search link I provided, I'm sure you'll find others who like to use help bedding.

Back
Top Bottom