Chicken Behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by norristhechickenman, May 6, 2011.

1. norristhechickenman

norristhechickenman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    Please help! something i dont understand on my chickens... maybe they are blossoming... their attitude seems to be very different.... can you please help me guys... i have read the forums and i found none....

appreciate any reply... thanks

2. mallorysinclair

mallorysinclair Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    can you give more details?

3. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Wha- wha- what are they doing?! [​IMG]

Also, do you want professional interpretations, farmer-friend interpretations, or psychic and clairvoyant interpretations of the chicken behavior? (The last two options cost extra.)

4. norristhechickenman

Apr 19, 2011
    can you give more details?

- sorry about that....

the first thing i noticed was that they dont seem like excited like before, always moving... they are like a woman having a monthly period... does that make sense? really i dont know whats happening... but they are healthy i can see it on their physical built.​

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:- sorry about that....

the first thing i noticed was that they dont seem like excited like before, always moving... they are like a woman having a monthly period... does that make sense? really i dont know whats happening... but they are healthy i can see it on their physical built.

Are they lethargic? Physical built doesn't mean they're healthy. That is NO guarantee.

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Are you saying your chickens have an attitude problem and are less enthusiastic? Are they all the same age or a mixed flock?

7. norristhechickenman

Apr 19, 2011
    actually the difference on age is only a few days i think.... though in case that there is a huge difference in age, does it matter?

8. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    How old are they now?

9. norristhechickenman

Apr 19, 2011
    How old are they now?

- almost 3 months...

if i may ask, what should be chicken behavior from chick to full grown? like if the chook is a chick? a kid chick? a teenage chick? an adult chick?

thanks again​

10. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Always moving sounds normal for my group of chickens.[​IMG] They are happy hunting and not bored just sitting around gathering fat. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by