Chicken bending neck

@Pots I agree with @mustang56 if she only does the neck twisting when she is taken outside and is otherwise fine by herself, then stress would be a factor. You may have to take it in baby steps. Place her near a window so she can see outside. Then open the window, then take her near the door, open the door, etc. Very small changes over a period of time may help her overcome.

She may never overcome the stress of change, so she may remain a house chicken.
Green House chicken!!!

One of my 6 week old chicks has her head bent totally under her body. She was fine this morning and nobody else has any symptoms thank God. I got her to drink but then she went back to sticking her head under her body. Any ideas?
My little bird that I posted about is just fine now. Intensive care, Poly-Vi-Sol Multivitamins[no iron] and real maple syrup. Someone recommended the maple syrup, it worked! I believe it is a stress problem created with the environment they're in.

My little bird that I posted about is just fine now. Intensive care, Poly-Vi-Sol Multivitamins[no iron] and real maple syrup. Someone recommended the maple syrup, it worked! I believe it is a stress problem created with the environment they're in.

I'm glad to hear she is doing well:)

You mention that there is stress in their environment(?) Can you post some photos and explain what stressor(s) you see. Hopefully we can help you with some ideas to help alleviate most of them.

Back
Top Bottom