Chicken Bleeding Because Of Bully What Should I Do?

RobN72

Chirping
May 23, 2021
I recently got two new chickens. One of my original chickens is bullying the others. She has pecked on on the leg and a lot of skin has come of. I have put some antiseptic and germaline on it but I don’t know what else to do. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you

Remove the bully for a few days and observe, if the others peck on the wounded hen.

• How much space do your chickens have in the coop and run?
  • How old are the new chickens and what is the age of the long-time residents?
  • Did you already run a see but no touch period for them to be able to get accustomed to each other?

Remove the bully for a few days and observe, if the others peck on the wounded hen.

• How much space do your chickens have in the coop and run?
  • How old are the new chickens and what is the age of the long-time residents?
  • Did you already run a see but no touch period for them to be able to get accustomed to each other?

Attachments

• 4ED52710-4C39-40E6-8500-D0FC36ABC327.jpeg
    4ED52710-4C39-40E6-8500-D0FC36ABC327.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 7
That is the run. The two new chickens are 18 weeks and my one long time resident is nearly 1 years old. Yes I did a see and no touch for a day.

That is the run. The two new chickens are 18 weeks and my one long time resident is nearly 1 years old. Yes I did a see and no touch for a day.
How many residents?

The see but no touch should take at least two weeks, one day clearly is not enough.

Are the new hens already laying?

Your set up is quite tight with no space to avoid each other, so I hope they are allowed to roam freely during the day.

How many residents?

The see but no touch should take at least two weeks, one day clearly is not enough.

Are the new hens already laying?

Your set up is quite tight with no space to avoid each other, so I hope they are allowed to roam freely during the day.
There are 3 residents in total. And no the new hens are not laying yet.

There are 3 residents in total. And no the new hens are not laying yet.
With only three hens of which two are the newcomers, you could just crate the bully for a few days/a week to allow the newbies get acquainted with their new surroundings etc. and then let all three roam freely in the yard on reintegration day.

With only three hens of which two are the newcomers, you could just crate the bully for a few days/a week to allow the newbies get acquainted with their new surroundings etc. and then let all three roam freely in the yard on reintegration day.
Ok I will try thanks

I agree that they should be free ranging, but if you make this run vertically dynamic (platforms, roosts, toys), then they may get out of each other's way. After the look-dont-touch period.
How do I make them free ranging? I am out all day and the fox will get them!

Back
Top Bottom