Chicken bleeding butt

Pics
Placing her in a wire dog crate with food and water next to the others would be a good start. Then you can try some supervised visits in the evening an hour before roost time when you can get them in. Watch for any bully, and remove them.

Placing her in a wire dog crate with food and water next to the others would be a good start. Then you can try some supervised visits in the evening an hour before roost time when you can get them in. Watch for any bully, and remove them.
She has been next to them in a wired cage since the incident. I've let them out together today and she went straight to the coop to suss it out. But the bully hasn't gone back in yet which is the one I'm worried about. But her friend came next to her

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_122959.jpg
    IMG_20200808_122959.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 11
She was still getting attacked by the bully so I'll keep her seperated for another week or so until all her feathers are back

You might try moving the bully over to the separate area to help reset the pecking order. If everyone else is fine with her, letting her rebuild her relationship with the flock absent the bully will help her confidence and maybe set the bully into a different mindset when returning. Chicken politics, I tell ya! How's it all going now?

You might try moving the bully over to the separate area to help reset the pecking order. If everyone else is fine with her, letting her rebuild her relationship with the flock absent the bully will help her confidence and maybe set the bully into a different mindset when returning. Chicken politics, I tell ya! How's it all going now?
Well I had done that before but as soon as the bully was moved back she started chasing her again. I'm gonna leave the victim in her own coop because now her butt is exposed from a molt so I'll leave her until her but is covered again

She still had a tatty butt that has poo through it. It's not blocking her vent but should I be concerned? she is going through a molt too and the bully chicken keeps chasing her when I let them out together

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_121506.jpg
    IMG_20200808_121506.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 9
It's been a few weeks now and she's looking better but has alot of poop stuck to her feathers that are molting. Should I do anything or just leave it??

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_105659.jpg
    IMG_20200823_105659.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom