Chicken breed and sex?

Hi! I’ve been around chickens for quite a few years, as my father always had some. He didn’t have specific breeds nor did he care as long as they laid eggs 🤪. I have just started my flock and am loving being a chicken mom. I bought white jersey giants, indexed. They’re about 16 weeks old now. Then I bought some black baby chicks at tractor supply, which I was told were jersey giants as well. I don’t think they are, as they have feathers on their legs, and copper colored eyes and splotches. Would love your input!View attachment 2856664
View attachment 2856664
View attachment 2856664View attachment 2856664
You have white Jersey giants and black copper marans.
Hatchery white jersey giants have green legs.

Hi! I’ve been around chickens for quite a few years, as my father always had some. He didn’t have specific breeds nor did he care as long as they laid eggs 🤪. I have just started my flock and am loving being a chicken mom. I bought white jersey giants, indexed. They’re about 16 weeks old now. Then I bought some black baby chicks at tractor supply, which I was told were jersey giants as well. I don’t think they are, as they have feathers on their legs, and copper colored eyes and splotches. Would love your input!View attachment 2856664
View attachment 2856664
View attachment 2856664View attachment 2856664
Do you have updated pictures of the Jersey giants?

Back
Top Bottom