chicken breed book question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Varisha, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Varisha

Varisha Songster

Mar 22, 2007
    Are there any chicken breed books that show pictures of the chicks as well as the adults?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

Hmm, I don't know of a book, but www. feathersite.com shows about every breed known to man plus the breeds as chicks on a separate webpage.

3. Varisha

Varisha Songster

Mar 22, 2007
    Thanks for the link [​IMG]

I am hoping to find a book because I'm not always at the computer [​IMG] So if anyone finds one let me know ... .Thanks.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

If you go to Barnes and Noble's website, and do a search on chicken breeds under subject for books, they have several books I've never seen before, like "Field Guide to Chickens", but I don't know if it has chick pictures as well as the 61 breeds it pictures or not.

5. Varisha

Varisha Songster

Mar 22, 2007
    So far (still) I only see book that have pictures of the adults. Oh well, if anyone finds what I'm looking for please let me know [​IMG]

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Songster

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    When I was at the feed store with Denise looking at chicks they had a Murry McMurry catalouge that had pictures of breeds when they are chicks, it was very helpful. Try ordering a Murry McMurry catalouge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: