Chicken Breed? PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newbiechickie, Mar 21, 2013.

1. newbiechickie

newbiechickie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    I am wondering what kind of chicken I have. I know they are bannies but do not know what kind. I don't know if this makes sense or not. These are my first chickens I have ever had and are hatching from.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

The bottom three look like silkie mixes, the first looks like a silver laced wyandotte mix.

3. newbiechickie

Mar 17, 2013
    Thank you, I have been wondering ever since I got them. They are sweet and lay everyday. The chicks that I have hatched from them have came out yellow, black, and yellow-black-and white all three mixed together.

4. salt and pepper

Your welcome =) The fact that the chicks hatched so many different colors prove that they are mixes, very pretty though!

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Yes, three are Silkie mixes and the first one might be a Hamburg.

6. salt and pepper

Maybe a hamburg mix, her tail isn't right for a pure bred

7. newbiechickie

Mar 17, 2013
    Thank you again. I am just getting into the chickens and I never realized how addicting it is, I get so excited to gather eggs every day and then can't wait for when they get ready to hatch out of the incubator. I just bought 5 RIR's and 4 Easter Egg Layers baby chicks so that by next spring or so they will be laying. I am so excited to be getting into all this. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by