Chicken breed?

JYount

Chirping
Nov 1, 2021
Hello! I'm a new chicken owner. I received a free McMurray "rare" chicken and I have no idea what this one is! This little one is little over 5 weeks old. It's massive compared to the others (Orpington, australop, legbar, Maran, barred rock, and bielefelder). Photo of it when it was a chick is attached too. Does anyone have an idea??
PXL_20211101_201616820.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211001_180626_472.jpg
    IMG_20211001_180626_472.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 7
I tried Google Lens and it goes between Welsummer and Bielefelder, but one of the other chicks definitely looks like a Bielefelder more than this one. I've gone through all the photos of chicks that McMurray sells and I'm wondering if it's a Whiting True breed since there's no standard?? I can't seem to find any photos of a chicken with light grey, light orange, and white feathers.

I tried Google Lens and it goes between Welsummer and Bielefelder, but one of the other chicks definitely looks like a Bielefelder more than this one. I've gone through all the photos of chicks that McMurray sells and I'm wondering if it's a Whiting True breed since there's no standard?? I can't seem to find any photos of a chicken with light grey, light orange, and white feathers.
I believe Welsummers were used in the early crossings of Bielfelders, but I am not too certain on that.

Wait until it is older and it will be clearer.

Back
Top Bottom