Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by FRANCOIS, Nov 9, 2011.

1. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    [​IMG]

Hi also in SA bit late joining site but great to see some South African chit chat. Do we have any shows up here? in Jo'burg I have bantams with fluffy feet and two babies

[​IMG]

and also a mongoose BartI feed him all the shop bought eggs he can handle so doesn;t bother the girls - more interested in the fruit I put out put picture in wrong place sorry

2. Carin

Carin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    South Africa
    Careful- the mongoose is going to call all his brothers and sisters...

3. whoop whoop

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    I think he has moved, because of the dogs haven;t see him for a while

4. hedz82

hedz82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    hey whoop whoop, nice animal pics, cute mongoose. and I love your black hen, she is so shiny! Really pretty! What breed are those black dogs? I thought the one in the forest was a statue first of a bear ! haha ! are they livestock guarding dogs?

5. whoop whoop

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Hi 'they are Black Russian Terriers and the most loving and cuddly dogs ever - you just have to mind the smooze when they drink. They were originally used by the Russian Army in Afganhistan as war dogs, mine are so not war dogs.

However they are very protective and when the electrician came to fix my board as it shorted because of power cuts, Zenky went for the poor guys' 'privates' it was really embarrassing he didn't actually bite him but rather just had 'everything' in his mouth and believe me its a bone crunching mouth!!! Anyway I managed to call him off but was a sticky situation at the time. Needless to say I need to look for a new electrician.

6. hedz82

hedz82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    they are so beautiful, I didnt even know the breed. are there breeders in SA? How are they with the chooks?

7. whoop whoop

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Yes there are two breeders one in the Cape and one in Roodepoort - all come from the original Breeder in Pretoria - so be careful of interbreeding. To buy one direct from Russia is about 30,000 euros!!!!! and you have to go there to collect[​IMG]

Initially they just wanted to eat the chooks, but after they had smelt them and sussed out they were not a threat to anyone they are absolutely fine. In fact this morning one of my little chicks 'escaped' under the fence and Xara was barking to get my attention to tell me it was loose. She just stood by whilst we 'herded' it back into its yard. They are really great dogs and superb guard dogs.. Have a great Africa Day[​IMG]

8. LadyBroody

LadyBroody Chillin' With My Peeps

We often go up to Joburg, so it would be great if you could send me her contact details. Thank you!

9. Chicken Kat ZA

Chicken Kat ZA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    Lady Broody

I don't know if she's not maybe on this forum, but just in case: Kim: 0824587557 [email protected]

10. sse2015

sse2015 New Egg

May 27, 2015
    US
    You can buy FFXIV Gil from SSEGold with fast delivery, 24/7 online service and 100% security! Cheapest FFXIV Gil with 9 years successful trade! Get discount now!

11. sse2015

sse2015 New Egg

May 27, 2015
    US
    i am breeding lavender and barred lavender frizzles, as well as partridge pekins now, and partridge frizzles in the future, also working on a gold and silver laced pekin project

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by