Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi guys been off line - because we had a break in yeah - and they stole my laptop and hubbies' and all my wildlife photos were on it. Sick to the stomach.. I actually caught them in the house but was quite lucky they didn't shoot me as Zenky went for them - and Xara was outside enjoying the cold, between the two of them they chased them off but they got away with our lap tops. Now working off a pre boer war pute that takes four hours to boot up, if it does at all. Such fun.

Hope to get new laptop soon so can get back in the game!!!! I agree, I always try to focus on the good things in life. Molly still still sitting on one egg.

Wouldn't like Germany too cold, Spain or Greece maybe but still love AFRICA, this is still the best place to live, even with all the corruption and *** but must admit I feel a little jaded and will join you in jail because to express my feelings at the mo will give me a life sentence - ah but maybe I could get off due to health reasons!!!!!

Mini Molly born yesterday morn

love.gif

Don't mention it, its sucks, we had it the whole day yesterday from 6am to 10.30pm and we froze. i decided to make a curry with onion bhaji spinach and okra bhajis and rotis and for once the old adage of 'hotter out than in' was a blessing.

I actually think it was everywhere yesterday, my daughter has friends in Cape Town and they were off too. I wonder what stage four is?

Don't mention it, its sucks, we had it the whole day yesterday from 6am to 10.30pm and we froze. i decided to make a curry with onion bhaji spinach and okra bhajis and rotis and for once the old adage of 'hotter out than in' was a blessing.

I actually think it was everywhere yesterday, my daughter has friends in Cape Town and they were off too. I wonder what stage four is?
Yeah, I heard stage 4 will be comign in soon -_-

But I also heard, that Eskom doesnt actually have to do lod shedding,and are doign just to get money becuase people pay then to stop load shedding!! So yeah...whatever is gonna happen i hope thye fix it :(

Oh we didn't get that (thank goodness) but I think they do it little as possible here as the durbanites get extremely angry here
1f602.png
but they are most deffinitly taking advantage of us as we were told stage 2 (6-8) and as soon as it finished they did another one... Gosh they better watch it, I just finished 2 weeks of exams and all I was looking forward to was relaxing in front of the TV
1f602.png

I don't know about you but we get stage 4 and that is 10-12 but maybe its different there.
Oh and your little chick is sooo gorgeous !!

Yeah, I heard stage 4 will be comign in soon -_-

But I also heard, that Eskom doesnt actually have to do lod shedding,and are doign just to get money becuase people pay then to stop load shedding!! So yeah...whatever is gonna happen i hope thye fix it :(
Well Im certainlly paying not of my own volition though, we got a bill for R17,000 and only use gas,got gas geyser, stove and fire so fail to see how it can be so much. Contacted Eskom and EVENTUALLY got thru sent emails and told them I would sue them on the grounds that I had a heart attack when I saw the bill lol they said I would have to pay but would sort it out next month not a hope in hell still paying the bank back lol

Hi guys been off line - because we had a break in yeah - and they stole my laptop and hubbies' and all my wildlife photos were on it. Sick to the stomach.. I actually caught them in the house but was quite lucky they didn't shoot me as Zenky went for them - and Xara was outside enjoying the cold, between the two of them they chased them off but they got away with our lap tops. Now working off a pre boer war pute that takes four hours to boot up, if it does at all. Such fun.

Hope to get new laptop soon so can get back in the game!!!! I agree, I always try to focus on the good things in life. Molly still still sitting on one egg.

Wouldn't like Germany too cold, Spain or Greece maybe but still love AFRICA, this is still the best place to live, even with all the corruption and *** but must admit I feel a little jaded and will join you in jail because to express my feelings at the mo will give me a life sentence - ah but maybe I could get off due to health reasons!!!!!
Oh shame I am so sorry to hear that!!!!
hugs.gif
Just after I ve been going on about how great this country is! Proud of your doggies though! Did they actually have guns?!? When was this?

Last edited:
Hi All

I haven't been on in ages , glad to see there has still been lots of activity on here, I am so excited , getting our surehatch incubator this week up from CT , can't wait , now just to deal with the load shedding , just a quick question, I know this is more of a chicken forum but does anyone have jumbo/japanese quail?

Back
Top Bottom