Chicken brooder box

Delboyoneleggedturkeys

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone i need advice on what to use for a chick brooder box i have the heat plate ext there hatch day is next week but not sure what to use please any idea's welcome

A large plastic tote would work. Dog crate. Kiddie pool. Large cardboard box. Disused bathtub(cover drain!), etc. What will be the ambient temp where you incubate? Any other animals or kids around? How many chicks? Providing some more info can help us give you a more specific answer.

I have 10 Cochin chicks be in the spare room until there big enough to go to my allotment i have a old dog cage would this be any good i have two kids no animals

The dog cage could work. You may want to line the bottom couple inches of the wall with cardboard so they do not push a bunch of litter onto the floor or squeeze through the bars when they are tiny.

No problem. I'm kind of new at it too but have been doing a ton of research about to start my first hatch! I'm going to go with the plastic tote method. Share pics of your setup when it is ready!

There was a thread just a week or so ago of a lady using a dog crate, I’ll look around and see if I can find it I think it was in the new member introduction area. Lord knows that has been a bust area lately.

Back
Top Bottom