Chicken bum has hardened poop

babychickens321

Songster
Oct 17, 2021
London England
my chicken has hardened poop on her bum, i dont know why but i think it was because she had one runny poop and then a normal poop got stuck on her bum. anyway she is pooing normal and shes also broody, so i dont want to wash her with water so that she loses her broodiness(shes lost it once like that). its quite a messy bum, what should i do?

I'd take the risk. Better, I think, than having a broody hen with stuck fecal matter sitting a bunch of eggs at risk to both.
alright. also when i wash her bum (hairdryer has broken) is she fine to go back to the eggs with a wet bum, and possibly a bit of poopy water on her bum. thanks for the help đź‘Ť

As long as its not cold water, yes.

and while I'm not big on "treats", if you wanted to offer a bit of plain yogurt to your girl for the next few days (tsp or so, need not be level), I would certainly understand. It won't hurt, and there is the remote possibility it will help.

my chicken has hardened poop on her bum, i dont know why but i think it was because she had one runny poop and then a normal poop got stuck on her bum. anyway she is pooing normal and shes also broody, so i dont want to wash her with water so that she loses her broodiness(shes lost it once like that). its quite a messy bum, what should i do?
Get some warm water add any oil I would say one that contains too much oiliness like olive or mustard oil and soak her it will soft everything otherwise u have to trim feathers

Back
Top Bottom