1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken cannot move

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dcfi20, Dec 21, 2010.

1. dcfi20

dcfi20 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    Pine Plains, New York
    I have a 8 month old male golden seabright that cannot use his wings or legs, He is eating and drinking when i put the food in frount of him. He trys to get up but cannot. At first he could only use one leg about two weeks ago, but now he cannot use them at all or his wings.

2. bearcub

bearcub New Egg

Dec 21, 2010
    I have a mixed hen about 7 months old I got from a friend who is going through the exact same thing. I thought maybe Mareks but no other hens have had problems. It has been so hard to watch as she is so alert. She did fall off the roost about 3 weeks ago and seemed sore on 1 side for about about a week and I thought things were fine. Then I went into the coop one morning and she was down and struggling. We have been struggling with wether to continue helping her hoping for a good outcome or end it for her quickly..It is so sad..

3. srodems

srodems Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2009
    Ben Lomond, CA
    I don't know what it could be, maybe neurological? Bumping you to see if someone else with more knowledge will chime in...

4. dcfi20

dcfi20 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    Pine Plains, New York
    Hi All
    Dude Thats the sea brights name passed away this afternoon.

5. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Awww, maybe he had a case of botulism?

6. bearcub

bearcub New Egg

Dec 21, 2010
    It became clear our hen was not going to beable to get healthy. My husband had to put her down. We are sure it was from the fall.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    So sorry for both of you losses, It's a hard decision but you did the right thing. Bless [​IMG] [​IMG].... sorry it had to be this way

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by