Chicken cant walk

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Willie, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Willie

Willie Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    Spring brook Pa.
    My Millie won't walk for a few days now,we put her in warm water and gave her some vitamin's.

Any body help,I don't know what else to do.
    Well here is what I have seen so far she was good one Day the next Day she just laid there.
    So we took here inside gave her Vitamins, water with an Eyedropper because I am not sure if she is drinking on her own.
    I am not sure if she is Egg-bound or if she has a poop problem,today I gave her some yogurt and water when I got home.
    When I put her in warm water,she freaked out she did not like it at all so I put a heat light on her which she lays under.
    We also rub her Belly,I am not sure if that will help,but I am trying what ever I can.

So it has been going on now for about 4 days to day i put some bread in her dish and she ate it and mixed some yogurt in it any advice help ty

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone?

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you think she is egg bound? You can search the site for advice on that. Sounds as if you might have already. Hope someone can help.

4. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    Did the Vitamins have B12/E in them, seemed to work for my hen, it took about a week of vit B12 everyday and electrolyte solution, but she is better now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by