1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Christmas cards?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Must Be Losing It, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find Christmas Cards with a pic of of chicken or chick on it?

[​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    If you have rubber stamps, you can make your own...

[​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I took pics of one of my girls (wearing a hat and scarf no less) and printed my own. Other than making them I don't know. Maybe check something like cafepress?

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
  5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:I did this too. Trying to get 3 d'Uccles to stand still in Christmas accessories wasn't easy [​IMG]

But, I do know you can buy really cute rooster cards and raise $ for animal rescue at the same time. We used these cards last year and they are nice heavy, quality cards!!

http://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com...0&sourceId=1520&sourceClass=Category&index=33

You re one BRAVE woman!!! I wasn't willing to try it with anyone but my ONE calmest/sweetest chickie!!!!!

6. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:I did this too. Trying to get 3 d'Uccles to stand still in Christmas accessories wasn't easy [​IMG]

But, I do know you can buy really cute rooster cards and raise $ for animal rescue at the same time. We used these cards last year and they are nice heavy, quality cards!!

http://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com...0&sourceId=1520&sourceClass=Category&index=33

You re one BRAVE woman!!! I wasn't willing to try it with anyone but my ONE calmest/sweetest chickie!!!!!

I've been making my d'Uccle trio practice for a month. Lots of petting & loving and bread crumbs. They do NOT like the clothing, though. But they'll learn [​IMG] I already have their Easter outfits picked out [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I made DH help me coordinate them. And I LOVE digital cameras! 100 pics for the 1 or 2 good ones is awesome!!! Couldn't do that with film.

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Are they Line dancing Buffs?

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Oh now that's cute. Now I'm going to call that my line dancin' chicken stamp. They do look cheerful, don't they?

EC, try to forget this image - I want you to be surprised when you open the envelope.

9. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I've yet to dress my chickens (other than Sunday dinner). I cannot imagine its easy!

I have some monster Brahma chicks, maybe I can get one of my boys to help me put it into some elf like attire. It would certainly be worth the chuckle or two it would create. Nice ideas everyone!

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Put some ornaments around it and don't worry about dressing them. Chicks are kinda fragile. But just staging a holiday theme around the chick would make a cute card.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by