1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Club... not the sandwich

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by R3dnck, Feb 18, 2016.

1. R3dnck

R3dnck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2016
    South Carolina
    I have looked into chicken clubs and we only have one in my area and its not that close. I was wondering if anyone knew the purpose of a club, what kind of things you do and what are requirements for starting one. I dont know much about them, I just wish there were more because it looks like they put on one of the only chicken shows in my area which is something I would like to get into but yet again only one local club so only one local show a year... open to opinions on starting one and any ideas you may have

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    The purpose of a chicken club would basically be BYC in person, help, trades, Q&A's, etc.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I like that idea!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    so do I. Putting even one show a year is a big deal, especially if it's a small club. It's a great way to learn from bottom up, how to put on a show. How chickens are presented for showing etc. You may want to get into showing after awhile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by