1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Clubs?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Buff Hooligans, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    No, not the sandwich!

Has anyone ever started a club for chicken owners in their area? I know Madison, Wisconsin chicken lovers did (the Mad City Chickens). Anybody else? If so, how did you find the people who were interested?

I'm thinking of posting a flyer in my local Agway, but it's not really a livestock feed Agway, more of a nursery/pet food Agway. Anybody put an ad in the paper?

I figure it would be really helpful to assemble a network of local people with chickens in case one of us needs a chicken sitter or advice when our computers might be down.

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That is a great idea. I would love to have a club around here in North Texas. I bet it would be a good turnout. [​IMG]

3. Porterfive

Porterfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Collinsville, MS
    I think that would be a good idea too here in Rural east Mississippi. But the questions are the same for us too. How and where do you find the people? I know of two other chicken owners around here and that's it.
    But I'm sure there are many many more.

4. earthnut

earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    You might check out meetup.com

There's several "Chicken Lover's" meetups, including here in seattle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by