Chicken Cold?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Firearia, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, recently a few of my 7 week old Buff Orpingtons started sneezing. While I guess I wouldn't say started considering I heard it the day before but disregarded it. Also, there is a few light brown chicken poops lying around on the grass. I did a bit of research and apparently it's a cold. However I don't know what to do? I can provide pictures and video if it helps. [​IMG]

2. max101

max101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    newcastle Australia
  3. Firearia

Ahh, thank you it did help! Apparently the poo colour they had was classified in normal, caused by eating greens. Which is probably the case since they've been in the run more often and my grandpa fed them some lettuce. I'm sure glad tough, I was beginning to get worried. The chicks don't sneeze often though, so I'm wondering if it's just dust or something.

I can't quite remember what the sources were, but I'll dig through my history tomorrow and bring them up for you if you like.

4. max101

max101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    newcastle Australia
    Have you changed the bedding cause the dust in shavings can cause sneezing.
    If the chickens are only sneezing sometimes I wouldnt worry over much
    If you notice any discharge or smell that maybe cause for alarm.
    Hope everything is well

5. Firearia

Yes, I have changed the bedding rather often.
    I have noticed a bit more smell in their poop, but that's probably only because I sat down right by one. So I guess there's nothing to worry about.
    Thanks so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by