Chicken Collapse

cra-zchicknlady

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2015
I need advice, one of my Auracanas collapsed this morning. I had to get a symptom report over the phone, crop is mushy, feet are cold, as of yesterday evening she had no visible symptoms. She made it out of the coop, but collapsed in the ten minutes between the coop door opening and food bowls being filled. Other than some peck marks from the other birds, she doesn't have any ruffled feathers or blood. She's still breathing, and complained at being picked up, but is limp to the point of dirt in her eye. The only thing I can possibly think of is botulism, but everything's frozen solid and they're kept in a confined run. Anyone else faced this? What can I do?

Edit: All my birds were gotten as chicks from a feed store, so they've all been vaccinated for Marek's. I don't think it's from nutrient deficiency, I make sure they get plenty of dark greens and meat scraps from the table during the winter.

Alright, I got to visually inspect her. It's just her legs that are paralyzed, she has watery stool, and isn't feeling good. She snapped away her head and wings when I looked her over. Possibly Marek's, but her toes are curled. Vitamin B deficiency? Does anyone recommend a particular vitamin mix?

Back
Top Bottom