This morning when we went to feed the barnyard, me and my brother saw smoke coming out of the roof! We ran over there, opened the door, and a huge wave of smoke came gushing out. The poor chickens and chicks were very stressed, and making pathetic noises. We opened up the little hatch, and my brother was shooing them out while I climbed on the roosts to grab the ones who wouldn't leave. I would grab a leg, and toss them off so they could be shooed out. We had to make multiple trips in there; the smoke was so thick you couldn't stay in there for more than 30 seconds. We finally got all the chickens out. I ran inside (both my parents are at work so we were on our own) and grabbed our super old fire extinguisher, not sure if it would actually work or not. I ran outside, pulled the pin, and ran into the chicken coop to put out the fire. Well, the FE was soo old that not very much came out. So I ran into the goat house, took the buckets of water and dumped them on the floor where the fire was. I mostly got it out. By that time my brother had called my mom, who then called our neighbor who lives a mile+ down the road, who then called the Fire Dept. When they got there ( I was still in my PJ's) the fire was out, but they cut a huge chunk of the floor out and took a bunch of the other stuff that burned out. I am still a bit concerned about the chickens, one old pet banty in particular. They were making these (and still are a bit) coughing/sneezing noises, from all the smoke they had to breath in. The one banty was under the goat house panting and making a wheezing noise. She still is now, but her mouth is closed. We put some buckets of water out for them because their waterer is melted. They are out in the fresh air, pecking around, and otherwise seem OK besides that noise they make. Do you think they will be OK? Is there anything we should do to help? Cause of fire: Heat Lamp that had fallen onto the ground. it got so hot, the bulb itself melted! Chicken coop is OK, just needs a new floor, which needed to happen anyways!