Chicken coop design

gwself

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 19, 2012
We are going to try chickens again after losing all of them last year to dogs.The coop we are thinking of building will be a coop tractor. We have 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Bantams and 2 ducks. I am considering building a 10 ft long 5 ft wide 5 ft high out of 1" PVC piping for run with a barn style dog house at end for coop with flap in back to collect eggs with wire on all sides. The idea is to have handles sticking out on both ends for lifting and moving to another location after 2 weeks. Any thoughts from you experts on my plan

We are going to try chickens again after losing all of them last year to dogs.The coop we are thinking of building will be a coop tractor. We have 5 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Bantams and 2 ducks. I am considering building a 10 ft long 5 ft wide 5 ft high out of 1" PVC piping for run with a barn style dog house at end for coop with flap in back to collect eggs with wire on all sides. The idea is to have handles sticking out on both ends for lifting and moving to another location after 2 weeks. Any thoughts from you experts on my plan
What kind of wire?

20 gauge poultry netting for the wire. Right now esitamted cost to build will be $150. Limited budget so don't need to spend $200-$300

How many chickens/eggs can you buy for $50-$150?
Dogs eat 20 gauge poultry netting for breakfast, prior to chicken for lunch :D

Back
Top Bottom